Being down in this accursed cave with little light and no way to tell time tends to drive one slightly mad. Stranger still is that I, a thief, have named myself the unofficial chronicler of this group.
How rude of me, I need to introduce myself.
I am Elidure Tel-Vos, thief, charloten, silver-tongue, and chronicler. I would tell you my life’s story but that’s not why you’re reading this. That is for my person journal anyhow. This journal is purely to chronicle our adventures here in the Underdark, in case we all die and if someone cares enough to find out what happened to us.
Our story begins in a Drow prison. How each of us got there is irrelevant (and embarrassing for some). None of us had much in common other than the fact we were prisoners of a Drow high priestess named Ilvara, whose intentions with us were unknown, and we all sought to return to the surface world. To escape from this prison, we instigated a prison riot and fled during the chaos that ensued.
In the future, I will do a more detailed entry but for now, my eyes tire after that fight with the two-headed giant so I will touch basis upon the events that happened.
Our group consists of these:
- The Half-Orc Xillow (with muscles bigger than my head)
- The Tieflings Amnon (warlock) and Kallista (assassin)
- The Drow Serieth
- The High Elf Lycyra (necromancer) accompanied by a Qua’goth.
- Two deep gnomes Topsy and Turvey (their mothers were brilliant in naming them)
Adventures since the first night away from the prison:
- Amnon had a nightmare that eventually both myself and Lycyra had. Serieth shared another dream of which he had.
- Stumbled upon a massacre of derrow.
- Entered a secret cavern in which the chronicler came under control of a Mind Flayer named Ixar who later became our companion.
- Came upon puzzles left by the Order of the Chalice which nearly killed several of our company.
- Came under attack by a giant octopus like creature and a giant 150 foot golem which squashed aforementioned octopus.
- Obtained a stone known as the Philosopher’s Stone (said to resurrect dead body and is only a part of a whole).
- Ilvara and her scouting party almost found us. We trapped her inside the cavern to buy us more time.
- Amnon tamed a roctopus.
- Found the Dark Lake and made rafts out of giant mushroom heads.
- Came under attack and became prisoner to a faction of Kuo-Taos. Another faction killed them and wanted us to help them reclaim their city. Led by an arch-priest named Plooploopeen (Ploop for short).
- Came under attack again by the so-called “Sea Father” and a civil war ensued. Slew the arch-priest’s daughter (who led the oppressive faction) and left the city to an unknown fate. A duergar named Hemeth was also a prisoner and fled with us on our newly captured boats.
- Took refuge at a cave we found only to find that it was inhabited by hook-hoars and packs of Gnolls (who tried to kill us on multiple occasions).
- Several of our party tried to take hook-hoar eggs only to enrage the parents. Found a druid named Granthony who was mistaken by the hook-hoars as one of their offspring (due to his shining bald dome of a head). Parents were slain and several members of our party took the eggs (which hatched and imprinted upon them).
- Made our way to Hemeth’s home of Gracklstugh, where we found corrupt guards and strange merchants. We watched as a couple of duergar Soul-Blades attack a nearby merchant and we healed him only to have the guards attack us. We slew one of them and the other brought more guards. Zillow and I hid just in time as the others were taken prisoner.
- A two-headed stone giant attacks Gracklstugh and we joined in its defense. A more docile stone giant appears after we defeat the mutant giant and wants us to visit it at it’s home before we leave Gracklstugh. We are cleared of any charges and the duergar trust us more. We find an inn to stay at and are given a specialty food for free. Something called chicken nuggets. Rather delightful.
- We learn more about Zillow and Hemeth.
Now that I’m caught up to speed, as I promise, I will give a more detailed entry the next adventure we have.
Why do I do this?
I’m of a sentimental sort.
May luck continue to favor us.