The sooner we exit this forsaken place, the better. I think our time down in the Underdark is beginning to affect us.
But I’m getting ahead of myself.
From our disastrous encounter with the duergar guards, we entered a mode of stealth that shadow-walkers themselves would be jealous. Because I am a bit perplexed and slightly distressed due to events which I will make note of, I will summarize our adventures as of late:
- Sent Kallista to scout ahead for McDoogar’s Furrow with Topsy and Turvy.
- According to Topsy and Turvy’s account, Kallista took a 30 ft tumble to the bottom.
- According to aforementioned account, the durro down there were in what seemed to be a half crazed sort of state. They moved to attack Kallista but when one pulled away a portion of her disguise and revealed her not to be a duergar, their hostilities ended to an extent.
- Kallista and the boys make it back to us and report that they couldn’t find Kazook Pickshine.
- We hammer some iron nails into the ground, tie some rope around it and descend gracefully to the ground. Kallista didn’t fall this time.
- The durro got more antsy with all of us down there so we charmed one of the deranged fetchers and got him to talk and found that Kazook was in Blingdenstone. Perfect.
- Lycyra finds a crevice that is leaking a strange mist and goes in, followed by Xillow with the boys on her shoulders, Kallista, and Amnon. Twowit and I go back to the top and keep watch.
From Topsy and Turvy’s account as they entered into the crevice:
- Lycyra discovered the mist has magic properties.
- The troope found a room with blue and green mushrooms that made them grow and shrink in size.
- They followed a tunnel and found a room with a strange looking gnome surrounded by rotting corpses and bones. They discovered that this gnome was imprisoned along with us back when we got captured by the Drow.
- He brought the bones back to life and attacked. Amnon slew him while they were down there.
Returning to my account with Twowit:
- We here a sound come from the crevice and opted to go in to check on them. Twowit creates an illusion of a duergar guard and the durro leaped upon the illusion as we descended down and hopped over them into the crevice.
- We stopped at the room of the green and blue mushrooms and heard the sound of battle. We ran to the scene of the battle. I took apart a skeleton from behind and shot another with my arrow. The skeletons are quickly dispatched by our party.
At the end of the battle, a ghost rose up and called itself Pelec who, in life, was a gnome and a friend to the dead necromancer who was named Bupedo. He gave us a request to bury what was left of his own body in Blingdenstone, where they were from. As he said this, he noticed his hand starting to crawl away. Twowit proceeded to chase after it.
As the apparition returned to the ground, I walked over to the pile of bones and looked down only to see a horrifying sight. I saw the face of a man who I though I had…dealt with. He looked at me with a smug look and then dissipated into the mist. With horror, I sat against the wall, visibly shaken.
Lycyra must have seen this because she proceeded to sit next to me and we talked for a bit. She then told me about the mushrooms and gave me some to hold on to for whatever purpose I needed it for.
While we were talking, Amnon must have saw something or heard something in the cave that spooked him for when Kallista asked him what was wrong, he yelled that nothing was wrong and proceeded to sit against the far wall with his hood drawn.
Soon, it happened to Kallista too. Xillow went over to go talk to her as well as Lycyra. I moved over to speak with Amnon about what he had seen and what I had seen.
What was spoken between us will not be shared here. It shall remain in my own private journal.
I will say this however:
We need to leave before more ghosts come back to haunt us.
May luck ever guide us.